This is a delicious lunch or dinner recipe that packs a serious punch in terms of flavor! Buffalo chicken wings are loved by many, but it can get really annoying handling them when the majority of the sauce ends up on your fingers and not in your stomach. That’s why the buffalo chicken wrap is so great — all the delicious, spicy flavor, but none of the hassle or mess! If you have sensitive eaters, you can refrain from dipping their chicken in sauce, so everyone will love this meal! You can even get help with the assembly, because really, who doesn’t love making wraps?!
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup buffalo style hot sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 large tomato (or plain) flour tortillas
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 4-6 tablespoons ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F, lightly spray baking sheet with non-stick spray and place oven rack in top 1/3 of oven.
- Place flour in a medium-sized, shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Pour eggs and 1 tablespoon water into a second shallow bowl and breadcrumbs into a third bowl.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper, and dredge completely in flour, then dip in the egg mixture.
- Shake off excess egg and then dredge chicken in breadcrumbs, pressing firmly so breadcrumbs adhere. Then transfer to baking sheet. Continue with remaining chicken tenders.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Place buffalo sauce in a medium bowl and, one by one, dip chicken tenders in sauce, coating entirely. Shake off excess. Cut tenders into smaller pieces.
- Heat tortillas in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- To assemble wrap: place tortilla on plate and drizzle with 1-1 1/2 tablespoons ranch dressing.
- Place lettuce on top, then diced tomatoes, then chicken. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Begin wrapping tortilla over and away from you. Fold in the sides and continue rolling until seam is on the bottom.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Chef SavvySKM: below-content placeholder