Turn a favorite childhood drink into a cool and refreshing treat!
Does anything else scream “summer!” more than Kool-Aid? We definitely remember indulging in an ice cold glass or two on long hot days as children, and our kiddos are notorious for rocking Kool-Aid mustaches. While the drink is delicious, we’d never thought to cook with it… until now! This Kool-Aid pie is refreshing, super easy to make, and doesn’t require an oven (just pop it in the freezer for a couple of hours), making it the perfect summer treat to cool down with. We’re fans of classic cherry, but whatever flavor you decide on, we know you’re gonna love it!
Cherry Kool-Aid Pie
Serves 8; 10 minutes active; 2 hours inactive
- 1 graham cracker crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package unsweetened cherry kool-aid
- whipped cream, garnish
- Maraschino cherries, garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together condensed milk and kool-aid packet.
- Gently fold in cool whip until just incorporated, then pour filling into graham cracker crust.
- Freeze for 2 hours or refrigerate for 4, or until completely chilled and set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cherries, slice, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Dinners, Dishes And Desserts