Smoothies can be such a quick fix when you need a boost; you can pack them with protein and flavor so they tide you over until your next meal and taste great at the same time! This peanut butter smoothie is so good with the added honey and sea saltit feels like dessert (and you’re welcome to make it for dessert) but will still keep you going strong. For added decadence you can add chocolate chips or chocolate syrup to amp this up, but that’s just if you’re feeling extravagant. Regardless of whether you make this for breakfast or at 10 P.M., this smoothie is a yummy treat!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 cup milk (optional: almond or soy milk)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (or sun/soy butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 fresh banana, garnish
- Peel and slice frozen bananas
- Put bananas and milk in a blender. Pulse for 5-10 seconds.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and salt. Blend for another 10 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with freshly sliced bananas.
[Tip: For a thicker smoothie, add less milk; more milk for a thinner smoothie.]
Recipe adapted from Feed Me Phoebe