According to reports from two different consumers, it is possible that they had “identified the possible presence of a metallic mesh material” in the vitamins.
One of the many ways that we try to keep ourselves healthy is by taking vitamins. We realize that it is important to eat a healthy diet but we expect vitamins to make up for any shortfall when it comes to our nutritional needs.
Vitamins come in all shapes and types, but if you take your vitamins in gummy form, then you might be interested in a recall that is happening with a popular brand of vitamins.
As reported by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Church & Dwight has issued a recall for a number of gummy vitamins.
The recall is voluntary for Vitafusion brand vitamins that were made between October 29 and November 3, 2020. According to reports from two different consumers, it is possible that they had “identified the possible presence of a metallic mesh material” in the vitamins.
The following is a list of the products being recalled at this time:
* Vitafusion Kids Melatonin 50 count, UPC: 0-27917-00170-8
* * Lot Code: WA03076268, Expiration Date 11/22
* Vitafusion Fiber Well 220 count, UPC: 0-27917-01984-0
* * Lot Code: WA03087520, Expiration Date 11/22
* * Lot Code: WA02487524, Expiration Date 9/22
* * Lot Code: WA03086273, Expiration Date 11/22
* Vitafusion SleepWell 250 count, UPC 0-27917-02524-7
* * Lot Code: WA03077414, Expiration Date 11/22
* Vitafusion MultiVites 150 count, UPC 0-27917-01919-2
* * Lot Code: WA03044959, Expiration Date 4/22
* Vitafusion Melatonin 44 count, UPC 0-27917-28011-0
* * Lot Code: WA03076270, Expiration Date 11/22
* Vitafusion Melatonin 140 count, UPC 0-27917-02671-8
* * Lot Code: WA03076990, Expiration Date 11/22
* * Lot Code: WA03077852, Expiration Date 11/22
* * Lot Code: WA02608988, Expiration Date 9/22
* Vitafusion Fiber Well 90 count, UPC 0-27917-01890-4
* * Lot Code: WA02187020, Expiration Date 8/22
* * Lot Code: WA03086671, Expiration Date 11/22
* * Lot Code: WA03087521, Expiration Date 11/22
There may be other products manufactured by the same company but they are not part of the recall. If you have any of the products with a different UPC number, expiration date, or lot code, they should not be returned.
If you do have any of the gummy vitamins that are on the recall list, stop taking them right away and contact the Consumer Affairs team at (800) 981-4710. They will provide you with instructions so you can get a refund for the vitamins.
You can also contact the Consumer Affairs team at the same number if you have any questions about the recall or products that you may have.SKM: below-content placeholder