When I’m looking for an easy dinner recipe, enchiladas are a meal I turn to again and again. They’re loved by all and make a hefty amount of food without a whole lot of prep. I’ve been trying to incorporate more plant-based meals into my rotation and these Pinto Bean Enchiladas instantly earned a place in the dinner lineup. They’re packed with protein and fiber, but still totally indulgent with plenty of cheese and a tangy sour cream sauce. No one even notices the lack of meat when the dish is this tasty!
One of the best parts is that the no-cook filling comes together in minutes. Start by draining two cans of pinto beans, two cans of roasted green chiles, some Mexican blend cheese, and a couple spices for good measure. Mix it all together and it’s ready to spoon into your tortillas! Remember not to overstuff and place them in the baking dish seam side down so they hold together. Repeat the process until your dish is tightly filled.
Next, you’ll whip up the simple sauce. Mix a jar of salsa verde with two cups of sour cream. Pour this mixture over the rolled enchiladas and top it all off with the remaining cheese. Pop them in the oven for about a half hour or until bubbling and golden in color. Your enchiladas are now ready to serve! Garish with fresh cilantro, avocado, green onions, or your favorite hot sauce and serve with rice for a stunning meal. I hope you love this easy dinner as much as we do.
Pinto Bean Enchiladas
15m prep time
30m cook time
- (2) 15oz cans pinto beans, drained
- (2) 7 oz cans roasted diced green chiles
- 16 oz Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 16 oz jar salsa verde
- 2 cups sour cream
- For topping: cilantro, avocado, green onions, salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add the pinto beans, chiles, 8oz of the cheese, garlic powder, and cumin. Stir until combined.
- Working one tortilla at a time, add two heaping spoonfuls of bean mixture and roll tightly. Place in the prepared baking dish seam side down and repeat until the dish is full.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the salsa verde and sour cream. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the sour cream mixture over the rolled enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until bubbling and beginning to brown on top. Serve hot with desired toppings.
Recipe adapted from Beanrecipes.com