A tangy alternative!
When you’re in need of an easy side dish, coleslaw recipes are an excellent choice. They come together quickly with no cooking required and are always a crowd favorite. While the classic creamy coleslaw will never go out of style, this Pineapple Slaw recipe has steadily earned its spot in our favorites folder. It makes the perfect side for seafood, Mexican, or your classic BBQ, especially in the summer months when you’re craving something refreshing!
A little lighter than your typical slaw, this version is loaded with sweet pineapple, green onions, and slivered almonds. The simple homemade dressing doesn’t skimp on flavor! Made with mayo, pineapple juice, lime juice, and a bit of brown sugar, it’s super tangy and just the right amount of creamy. Using a bag of shredded coleslaw mix makes assembly a breeze, just whisk the dressing in a small bowl and then toss it all together.
Whether you’re serving this slaw alongside your favorite fish tacos or Dad’s famous pulled pork, it’s sure to be a hit with the whole crowd. Feel free to add in cilantro if you’re pairing it with Mexican food or throw in some sliced mango to bump up the tropical vibes. No matter the occasion, this tangy Pineapple slaw makes the perfect side dish. Give it a try and we’re sure you’ll agree!
10m prep time
- 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, juices saved
- 14 oz bag coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 4 green onions, diced
- ⅓ cup mayo
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice from can
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, pineapple tidbits, and green onions.
- Toss with dressing and top with almonds before serving.
Recipe adapted from Asouthernsoul.com