When it comes to decorating for the holidays, it can feel a little overwhelming when you haven’t started but know that there’s a ton to do, and a long way to go before things actually start to feel and look festive. That’s why we love this recipe-project hybrid so much; if you’ve got five minutes to spare, you can make a peppermint candy plate that looks as great on its own as it does displaying any number of holiday goodies.
All you have to do is fill a springform pan – that you’ve lined with parchment paper and greased generously – to the edge with peppermint candies. Pop it into a preheated oven and bake it for 5 minutes…and that’s it, you’re done! Let your “plate” cool completely, then carefully release the springform pan. Whether you decide to place it in the center of your table by itself, or stack it high with a pile of freshly made fudge like we did is up to you. You can’t go wrong!
20 minutes to prepare serves 1
- 1 1/2 bags peppermint candies, or as needed
- non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line a springform pan with parchment paper. Generously grease parchment paper and sides of springform pan.
- Arrange candies in pan, extending out to the edges of pan.
- Place baking pan in oven and bake for 5-8 minutes, or until candies have just melted into one another.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before gently releasing sides of springform pan.
- Stack with fudge or brownies and enjoy!