Looking for a way to spice up your ordinary dinners? We love the way the ingredients in this recipe marry together deliciously and work to build an amazing chicken dish.
Looking for a way to spice up your ordinary dinners? This roasted red bell pepper chicken has got tons of flavor, due to sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and red pepper flakes. We love this because all of the ingredients marry together deliciously and work to build a cohesive flavor that complements the chicken perfectly. If you want the same taste without the heat, go ahead and omit the pepper flakes. For a quick meal that you won’t be able to resist making again!
Red Pepper And Herb Grilled Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- On the grill or stovetop, or using the broiler, roast your bell pepper, turning frequently, until charred.
- Place in a bowl, covered with a clean towel, to steam for 5 minutes. Then place under cool, running water to remove skin.
- Remove stem and seeds and place in food processor. Add in sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pulse until mixture is a chunky paste, then drizzle in olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Pour mixture out into a shallow bowl or baking dish.
- Pound out all chicken breasts to an equal thickness. This ensures even cooking.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and coat completely in red pepper mixture.
- On a grill or in a pan on the stove, cook chicken breasts over medium-high heat until cooked through and no longer pink. About 3-5 minutes per side. Chicken should be firm to the touch, but still have a little give.
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve hot.