And you don’t need anything fancy to make ’em!
Is there anything better than a good crinkle cookie? We love a good chocolate crinkle cookie and whipped up a batch of our favorite recipe, but we didn’t want to stop the fun there, so we decided to also make a good ol’ fashioned peanut butter crinkle cookie to go along with the chocolate. Peanut butter seemed like the natural choice to us for this cookie, since it adds richness and moisture – no dry, crumbly cookies to see here – and we were so pleased with the final result!
These are addictively delicious, plus, they just look so cute and crinkly with their dusting of powdered sugar. If you haven’t made crinkle cookies before, they’re actually a lot easier to make than they look. We used to think there must be something in particular about the batter or the method of forming that creates the crinkles, but it’s nothing to be intimidated by. It’s a simple recipe, prepared just the way we’re used to, with the combining of the dry ingredients and then the creaming together of the peanut butter, butter and sugar, and that’s just about it! You roll it in powdered sugar before baking, and then you’ve got a perfectly delightful crinkle cookie!
Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
Serves 3 dozen
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, plus, cinnamon, if using.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter and 1 cup sugar for 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy and lightened in color.
- Beat in egg until fully incorporated, then beat in vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients until combined.
- Place powdered sugar in a medium bowl, then scoop cookies into 1 1/2-inch balls and roll each ball in powdered sugar.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating halfway through, until cookies are just firm to the touch, but still soft in the centers.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes, then serve fresh or store in an air-tight container.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy