Go ahead and check out this easy recipe; just cut, coat, and bake!
These sweet potato fries are coated in toasty breadcrumbs, parmesan, and garlic powder, and they really hit the spot when you’re craving hot, crunchy fries. Unlike regular fries, which are loaded with fat and salt and all other kinds of nasty and unnecessary ingredients, these sweet potato fries will leave your arteries and waistline intact!
We cut the sweet potato into wedges for a more satisfying crunch, but feel free to make the more traditional fry shape for your own version! The secret to these sweet potato fries is the pre-toasted bread crumbs. We added extra crisp by toasting the crumbs in a dry skillet before breading and baking. These would make a fun and festive appetizer for a Thanksgiving meal, or really, for any meal, any time of the year. Go ahead and check out the easy recipe below; just cut, coat, and bake!
Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries
Serves 4-6 30 min
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges or fries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400, and prepare a large baking sheet by generously coating with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add panko crumbs to dry skillet, and toast until light brown. Cool for at least 10 minutes before using.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl; set aside. In a separate bowl, toss cooled panko crumbs with parmesan, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Dip sweet potato into eggs, and then into the panko mix. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, serve hot!
Recipe adapted from Laughing Spatula.