You’ve never had cookies and cream like this before!
If you haven’t already tried it, poke cake is a seriously delicious dessert that’s also a blast to make. It involves poking holes in a freshly baked cake and then filling said holes with a yummy pudding mix of your choosing. The 8-year-old in us will forever love cookies and cream, so we knew exactly what we wanted when we set out to make our poke cake. If it sounds weird to you, or if you’re wondering why you would go to the effort to poke holes in a perfectly good cake, here’s why: the pudding oozes into the cake (hence the reason for the holes) and then firms up inside, leaving you with a moist and flavorful masterpiece that never fails to impress. Need we say more?!
Oreo Poke Cake
Yield: 1 cake
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (plus eggs, water and oil)
- 1 (4.2 oz.) box instant oreo pudding mix
- 2 cups cold, whole milk
- 20 oreo cookies
- cool whip or whipped cream, garnish
- Prepare boxed cake mix according to packaging instructions and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- While cake is baking, mix pudding mix with 2 cups cold milk and whisk until smooth. Let set 2-3 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and use a straw or the end of a wooden spoon to poke even holes all over the cake.
- Pour pudding mix all over the cake, making sure to drizzle it in the holes.
- Let cake sit until totally cool.
- Place oreos in a large, re-sealable plastic bag, squeeze excess air out and seal.
- Use a rolling pin to crush cookies, then sprinkle them over the oreo cake.
- Slice and serve with cool whip or whipped cream and enjoy!
Recipe adapted fromNumber 2. PencilSKM: below-content placeholder