Who doesn’t love a pasta dish that’s easy and cheesy? This Smoked Sausage Spirali recipe is a one-dish meal that is perfect for those busy days when people are running around, but you still want to bring everyone together for dinner. Once you finish and all your family members compliment you on your hard work (they don’t have to know how easy it is), there’ll only be one pot to wash and you can get back to your day!
Smoked Sausage Spirali
- 1 pound spirali or fusilli
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cheddar jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown sausage in a large saute pan with olive oil, over medium-high heat. Add in garlic once sausage is browned and cook for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Pour in chicken broth, tomatoes and cream, and bring mixture to a boil. Add in pasta, cover and lower heat. Simmer until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced, about 10-15 minutes.
- Take pasta off heat and stir in cheese. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Yellow Bliss RoadSKM: below-content placeholder
Whizzco for 12T