For brunch or dessert, this sweet braid really hits the spot!
One of our favorite desserts is a banana-stuffed nutella crepe. While some might think it’s perfect as is, we like to try out new things, tweaking them here and there, so we decided to make a few changes…. Taking the classic fruity, chocolate-hazelnut combination, we used refrigerated pizza dough (feel free to use fresh dough, if you have it!) and made a beautiful and delicious braid that’s perfect for any brunch or party. A decadent crepe will always be at the top of our dessert list, but this nutella pastry braid is a fun, tasty option that doesn’t disappoint!
Nutella Banana Braid
- 1 (13.8 oz.) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- powdered sugar, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line your workstation with parchment paper and unroll pizza dough. Use a rolling pin to smooth out in a rectangle.
- Spread nutella out in a thick line down the center of the dough, then cover with sliced bananas.
- Use a rotary cutter or a knife to cut thin strips extending out from the center of the dough. Repeat on other side.
- Making sure to tuck in the ends, pull one strip gently over the nutella banana center, then take the strip on the other side and fold it over the center, overlapping in the middle.
- Continue braiding remaining nutella roll, then brush the top with melted butter.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar, then cut into slices and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from 12 Tomatoes