We loved our pepperoni braid so much, we knew there were more varieties out there for us to try and this barbecue chicken version did not disappoint! Tangy bbq sauce, perfectly seasoned chicken and fresh red onions, all wrapped up in a yummy pocket of dough?? It’s the perfect snack that’s easy to whip together and that looks great no matter what. If you want something that’ll please the crowd every time, make sure to check out this braid!
BBQ Chicken Pizza Braid
- 1 (13.8 oz) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup assorted cheeses (cheddar, monterey, mozzarella), divided
- 3/4 cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup red onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line your workstation with parchment paper and unroll pizza dough. Use a rolling pin to smooth out in a rectangle.
- Spread barbecue sauce out in a thick line down the center of the dough, then cover with 1/2 cup cheese, chicken and red onion.
- Use a rotary cutter or a knife to cut thin strips extending out from the center of the dough. Repeat on other side.
- Making sure to tuck in the ends, pull one strip gently over the bbq chicken center, then take the strip on the other side and fold it over the center, overlapping in the middle.
- Continue braiding remaining pizza roll, then top with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cut into slices and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from 12 TomatoesSKM: below-content placeholder