Garlic bread is a weakness of ours, we’ll admit it. However, as strongly as we may feel about garlic bread, it is nothing in comparison to how we feel about cheesy garlic bread. This side dish is basically the perfect accompaniment to any meal: pasta dishes (if you really want a calorie bomb), meat recipes, festive dinners, casual family nights it’s always delicious perfection and so easy to make! If you’re looking for something that will give you power over the entire family (and anyone else who might try it) make this cheesy bread and see what the masses will do for another bite!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Yields 1 loaf
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup romano cheese, thickly grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take loaf of Italian bread and cut in half lengthwise so you have two, long halves.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, mix together the two cheeses.
- Spread garlic butter over both halves of bread, place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove loaf from oven, sprinkle on mixed cheeses and return to oven. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool 5 minutes, sprinkle with parsley, slice and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Crunchy Creamy SweetSKM: below-content placeholder