Mix, pour, and chill! This dessert is easy and delicious.
Did you know that Rocky Road recipes vary by location? Here in North America we add nuts and marshmallows however, in Australia, Rocky Road often has cherries and coconut while the UK version is loaded with biscuit (cookie) bits! Most of us probably know the ice cream version of this delightful sweet treat, but today, I’m here to show you a cheesecake version. Not just any cheesecake – a no-bake cheesecake. Win-win!
Everything about this recipe easy to throw together, making it the perfect dish if you’re short on time, need a quick and easy dessert to bring to a pot luck, or just in the mood for some sugar and don’t want to go through a lot of effort to get it!
The crust is a pre-made Oreo crust, so that step is already done for you. Next, mix cream cheese, sugar, and milk. Then pour in melted chocolate and stir to combine. Finally, fold in whipped topping, marshmallows, nuts, and chopped chocolate. Once everything is combined, pour it into the crust and let it chill for a few hours.
Ours is topped with whipped cream, cherries, and chocolate drizzle, but you can customize yours however you want. A pile of nuts and marshmallows, Oreo slices, or just a thick layer of whipped cream, really, there’s no way to do this wrong, folks!
Desserts like this are so simple and so delicious. Perfect for the summer months when you don’t want to have to turn the oven on, but also great any time of year. Let’s be honest, chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts always sound good, am I right? Get the easy recipe below!
No-Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake
10 minutes active, 4 hours inactive
- 1 Oreo cookie pie crust
- 3 oz semi-sweet bakers chocolate, divided
- 2 (8 oz each) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- Microwave 1 oz of the chocolate as directly on package and roughly chop the rest.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and milk with an electric mixer until smooth. Add melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Whisk in whipped topping, followed by the marshmallows, nuts, and chopped chocolate.
- Spread mixture into crust and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
Recipe adapted from Taming Twins.