Is there anything better than dessert? Maybe just dessert that comes together in a flash, is totally delicious and doesn’t require any baking at all. That’s what you have here with our No-Bake Berry Lush, a sweet treat that features layers of crunchy wafer cookies crumbs, creamy and airy cheesecake, and a bounty of fresh summer berries. (You can always use frozen if the mood strikes in the dead of winter, though!) It’s little effort with big rewards and it’s so scrumptious I’ll be making it again and again and again.
This is the type of thing you can throw together quickly before a party, chill it, and pull it out to serve whenever it’s convenient. It’s a great make-ahead option when you don’t want to fuss with details at the last minute! You just start by crushing up some vanilla wafer crumbs… (Starting off strong, right?!)
… and slice any of your bigger berries.
Now, you can use any type of berries you like, but a medley is especially delicious. We’ve got strawberries and blueberries this time, and plenty of them.
And then you start to layer. The cookie crumbs go down first, and they’re followed by a mixture of cream cheese, whipped topping, and powdered sugar. The cream cheese gives it a cheesecake-like taste, while the whipped topping keeps things light. The berries go on next, then you repeat the layers once more, and set the whole thing in the fridge to chill.
It’s so quick to make, but it is ideal to let it chill for at least an hour to firm up so it’s somewhat sliceable. It’s such a delicious and simple treat – cool and creamy with pops of bright berries and just the right amount of vanilla cookie crunch.
No-Bake Berry Lush
- 35 vanilla wafer cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (8 oz) containers whipped topping, thawed
- 2 lbs fresh berries
- Place cookies in a large ziptop bag and crush into crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Transfer crumbs to an 8-inch square baking pan. Add melted butter and stir to combine. Press mixture firmly into pan.
- To a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth, then mix in one container of whipped topping.
- Slice larger berries if desired.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over cookie crumbs, followed by half of the berries. Repeat layers.
- Top with half of the remaining tub of whipped topping and crumble more cookies over the top, if desired. Chill until ready to serve, at least 1 hour. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Crazy for Crust.