We love a main dish that takes all of five minutes to get into the oven, and we especially love it when it’s as delicious as this. Baking up some chicken breasts is such an easy way to get a healthy dinner on the table in no time at all but it can sure get hard to think of fun new ways to flavor them. The sauce that tops this solves that problem! It’s a little something different from your average marinade and it’s so delicious you’ll just want to put it on everything. Plus, you can never do wrong with melted cheese… the melted Swiss over the top might be the kicker!
The mix of honey, mustard, and lemon is such a nice combination of sweet and tart with that sharp bite of Dijon. We’re absolutely head over heels for it. And Emmenthaler cheese is such a nice addition here. Emmenthaler is just a Swiss cheese that comes from the Emmental region in Switzerland. It’s a little bit more mild and buttery than your classic Swiss cheese, but by all means, use normal old Swiss if that’s what you have around! It will still taste just as good. We know your family will love this baked chicken as much as ours does. It’s the perfect start to a meal when you want something that’s good for you and doesn’t take a lot of time. Healthy, quick, and absolutely scrumptious, you’ll be wishing this was in your weeknight recipe rotation sooner!
Swiss Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Emmenthaler Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup stone ground Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, removed from stem
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F and lightly grease a baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Mix together mustard, honey, lemon juice, and thyme.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in prepared baking dish. Spread the mustard mixture over the chicken and sprinkle grated cheese over the top. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and additional thyme, if desired. Enjoy!
Adapted from Cooking Pinterest.