Just like the real thing.
When I was growing up, a trip to the mall always meant a visit to Mrs. Field’s to get my eternal favorite, a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie, and I was usually more excited about that cookie than whatever new clothes I might end up getting. See, they are my dream cookie – oh-so-soft and buttery with lightly crisped edges, just on the edge of being a tad too sweet, and totally stuffed with melty white chocolate chips and crunchy macadamia nuts. I have always loved them, I will always love them, but as an adult, trips to the mall don’t hold quite the same appeal. So I’ve learned to make them for myself at home, and you can do it too! Here’s how.
The good news is that these are an easy cookie to make- the process is the same as most basic drop cookies, there’s no chilling or rolling, just some quick mixing and scooping. You start by creaming together the butter and sugar and then mixing in the eggs and dry ingredients, and then stirring in your add-ins…
In this case, that’s white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and plenty of them. Now, there’s no need to chop those nuts, one hallmark of these cookies is those big chunks of nutty crunchiness that punctuate the cookie.
Scoop them out in three tablespoon portions, after all, if you want these to be authentic you want a big cookie. And then bake!
They’re out of the oven in just about twelve minutes, and you want to take care not to over-bake them as these are meant to be nice and soft. The edges are just lightly crisp, though, and the nuts provide plenty of contrasting crunch. They’re every bit as delicious as the ones I’ve loved for so long, but now I don’t have to set foot in a mall to get one!
Copycat Mrs. Field's White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Makes 2 dozen large cookies
10m prep time
12m cook time
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until just incorporated. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop cookies out in 3 tablespoon portions onto prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until just set, 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Butter With a Side of Bread.