Looking for a unique side for the next grill out? We’ve got just the thing!
Are you tired of the same potato salads and deviled eggs at every grill out and potluck? I’ve got just the recipe for you to try! This Mango Black Bean Salad is so unique and colorful, it’s sure to be the talk of the party. Not to mention, it’s absolutely bursting with flavor!
With mangos, peppers, black beans, green onions, cilantro, and a hint of jalapeño, this is one summer salad you won’t want to pass up. Oh, and did I mention the tangy-sweet lemon-lime vinaigrette? Check out the video below to see how easily this recipe comes together!
Isn’t this mango salad absolutely gorgeous and full of bright, summery colors? I absolutely love how it turned out!
Of course, one of my favorite things about this recipe is how easily it all comes together. In just 10 minutes or less, you’ll have this unique, delicious side to bring to your next grill out or get-together.
Start by combining chopped mango, bell peppers, and onions in a bowl. Pour in drained black beans and add fresh cilantro leaves as well as finely diced jalapeños. Set the bowl aside and get ready for the lemon-lime vinaigrette.
Whisk or shake all the ingredients in a small jar. This amazingly tangly and sweet dressing consists of lime and lemon juice, of course, as well as honey, chili pepper flakes, and olive oil. Pour the dressing onto the mango salad, tossing to coat everything. Check out the full recipe and ingredient list below!
Mango Black Bean Salad
Makes 4-6 servings
10m prep time
For the salad
- 2 medium mangoes, cubed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 small bell peppers, diced
- 4 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely minced
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Whisk or shake lemon-lime vinaigrette ingredients in a small jar.
- Pour dressing onto mango salad, tossing to coat everything. Refrigerate until serving time.
Recipe adapted from Flavour and Savour.