Lemon desserts are some of our favorites because of their refreshing tartness. When it’s hot out, no one really wants to dive into something too rich and decadent, so these cake-y cookies are the best thing to satisfy our sweet tooths without bashing us over the head with cloying sweetness. Plus, they come together super quickly with just a box of cake mix and some other ingredients you already have on hand! It doesn’t get much better than these bite-sized treats and we can’t wait for you to try them!
Yield: 2-3 dozen
- 1 (18.25 oz.) box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place cake mix in a large bowl or mixer and beat in eggs and vegetable oil.
- Mix in vanilla extract, 3 teaspoons lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and stir until combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the baking sheets, leaving 1 1/2-2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Place baking trays in oven and bake for 10-11 minutes, or until puffy and browned edges begin to pull away from the tray.
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from FoodSKM: below-content placeholder