Calling all lemon lovers… this one’s for you! If you are a fan of all things tangy and zesty then this Lemon Butter Pie just might be your new favorite treat. It is absolutely loaded with tart lemon flavor, then perfectly rounded out with a generous amount of butter. Top a slice off with plenty of whipped cream and you are in for a real treat! There’s no need to take my word for it though. Let’s get into how this easy dessert is made…
If you’ve ever made lemon curd before then the filling process will be familiar to you. Lemon juice, eggs, an egg yolk, and sugar are slowly heated on the stovetop. You’ll want to continuously whisk the mixture as it cooks to avoid lumps of cooked egg. When the temperature reaches 180 degrees F, remove the pan from the heat and stir for several minutes to cool it down. You’ll then slowly blend in the butter until your filling is nice and smooth.
We used a premade graham crust for this recipe, but you’re welcome to make your own. Pour the filling into the crust and pop the pie in the fridge for a few hours to set. Serve it chilled with lots of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This pie is the perfect choice for a bright spring treat. Give it a try and it’s bound to be love at first bite!
Lemon Butter Pie
15m prep time
1 cook time
- 1 premade graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- whipped cream for serving
- Whisk together lemon juice, eggs, egg yolk, and granulated sugar in a small saucepan.
- Place pan over medium-low heat. Whisking continuously, cook mixture until it reaches 180 degrees F. Mixture will start to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir for 1-2 minutes to bring down temperature. Stir in lemon zest.
- Pour mixture into a blender or food processor. Blend and slowly add butter one tablespoon at a time until fully combined.
- Pour filling into the premade crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Theviewfromgreatisland.com