If you’ve ever struggled to make high protein, low carb breakfasts then this is the recipe for you. Far from being your standard eggy ham and cheese concoction, these keto ham and cheese bites have extra protein and a really great texture thanks to some unexpected ingredients.
If you’ve enjoyed the breakfast bites at places like Starbucks then you will enjoy these homemade bites for sure. Each one has so much flavor and they make for a very filling breakfast or snack without any sugar crash later on.
These bites are easy to make and you only need a short list of ingredients to make them happen. Two ingredients that add both protein and firm texture are some almond flour and cream cheese.
There’s also the main ingredients of ham and cheddar cheese and plenty of spices to flavor these tasty little bites.
Once you mix everything up form into balls and then refrigerate them. This keeps them from melting too quickly in the oven and becoming little pancakes. You want to be able to pick these up like savory cookies and bite into them.
These bites have no gluten and only 1 gram of carbs for each bite. Yet they have lots of protein to keep you full and fueled.
Easy to make and easy to eat, these keto ham and cheese bites pack a lot of flavor and nutrition into a small package that’s handy to take on the road, too.
Keto Ham and Cheese Bites
Makes about 1 dozen
25m prep time
11m cook time
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- dipping sauce of your choice for serving
- Combine all ingredients except dipping sauce together in mixing bowl. Form into balls about 1 1/2“ across. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven 350˚F. Place balls on lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden on the outside. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice, like sriracha mayo or garlic aioli.
Recipe adapted from Delightfully Low Carb.