Kathie’s Monster Cookies by Katharine Morris
This was the 3rd place winner in our Holiday Baking Recipe Contest!
Kathie Morris won 3rd place in our Holiday Baking Recipe Contest with this Monster Cookies recipe. These cookies doctor up a storebought package of oatmeal cookie mix with peanut butter, applesauce, and a few other add-ins. Kathie says “this is a holiday variation. I usually use plain M & M’s; this version uses red and green M & M’s.”
To try for yourself, follow the recipe below!
SKM: below-content placeholder
Kathie's Monster Cookies
Rated by 4 reviewers
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz.) Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg or 2 small eggs
- 4 oz natural unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup Nestle Tollhouse peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup red and green m&ms
- 2 oz (about 1/4 cup) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (or 350°F if you are using dark or non-stick cookie sheets). Prepare cookie sheets by cutting parchment paper and lining cookie sheets.
- Stir the cookie mix, egg, applesauce, butter, and water together in a large mixing bowl until just incorporated. Add peanut butter and again stir until just incorporated. Then add the morsels, m&m's, and chopped walnuts and stir.
- Once all ingredients have been mixed together, take a medium cookie scoop and place dollops of batter on prepared cookie sheets about two inches apart. Bake for about 12 minutes in preheated oven or until the edge of a cookie is light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, then remove to cookie rack or plate to cool completely. Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to one week, or freeze for up to three months.
Recipe by Katharine Morris.
Whizzco for 12T