To know the Instant Pot is to love it, and while there are plenty of reasons for that love, the fact that it can make you cheesecake surely should be at the top of that list. Cheesecake in the Instant Pot, it’s true! And not just any cheesecake… but a truly creamy and decadent chocolate trifecta that will rival anything you make in a water bath in the oven. Sometimes I’m convinced that there’s nothing this appliance can’t do.
This cheesecake starts with an oreo cookie crust, followed by a luscious creamy layer reminiscent of milk chocolate, and it’s topped off with a deeper chocolate ganache. That means in every bite you get the crunch of chocolate cookies with a sweet and velvety chocolate filling set off by a dark, fudgy ganache. You could say it’s the ultimate chocolate cheesecake. And the Instant Pot makes easy work of it.
You cook this in a springform pan like you’re accustomed to, but one that’s small enough to fit in the insert of your Instant Pot. The pan sits on the trivet that came with your appliance, but a few mason jar lids will do if you happen to have misplaced it. This holds the pan above the water that goes into the insert, which basically steams the cheesecake as it comes up to pressure.
The cooking method isn’t all that different than a water bath in the oven, but it’s a little gentler and a lot more foolproof. So go ahead and say goodbye to cracked cheesecakes! The Instant Pot will give you the ultimate chocolate cheesecake each and every time.
Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake
Serves 8-10 30 minutes active, 4+ hours inactive
- For the crust:
- 2 cups (about 24 cookies) Oreo crumbs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the ganache topping:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mix together Oreo crumbs and melted butter until well combined. Press mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of a 6-inch springform pan. Place in freezer while you make the filling.
- Add cream cheese to a large bowl and beat on high with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and mix until just combined. Add sour cream, again mixing until just combined.
- Mix in melted chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between, just until incorporated.
- Pour filling into prepared crust, and cover the top of the springform pan with tin foil.
- Fill Instant Pot insert with 1 cup of water and place metal trivet in bottom of insert.
- Place springform pan onto trivet, close the lid, and set valve to 'sealing.'
- Cook on Manual setting at high pressure for 35 minutes. Once cooking time is done, allow pressure to release naturally. (Do not turn valve to 'venting.')
- Once pressure has released, open pot and remove pan to cool. Once completely cool, set in fridge to chill completely, at least 4 hours and up to overnight. (Cheesecake may look jiggly, but it will set further in the fridge.)
- Once ready to serve, make the ganache:
- Combine chocolate chips and whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between. Let cool slightly to thicken and pour over cheesecake. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from My Heavenly Recipes.