When it comes to dinner after a long day, it can be really hard to motivate ourselves to cook a big, involved meal, so we like to have tried-and-true standbys that are delicious and easy to make. When it comes to said standbys, it doesn’t get any better than filling and nutritious meals that you can cook in one dish…like this tasty hummus-crusted chicken! If you’ve got a baking dish, you can easily whip up this chicken, along with adding lots of veggies that get perfectly roasted and provide a well-rounded meal that you and your family will feel great about!
Hummus-Crusted Chicken And Vegetables
45 min to prepare serves 6
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 cups roasted garlic hummus
- 1/2 cup panko or seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 assorted bell peppers, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a large baking dish, toss your bell peppers, broccoli and onions in olive oil, then season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Cover chicken breasts completely in hummus, then place them on top of seasoned veggies.
- Combine panko and parmesan in a medium bowl and season with pepper, oregano, garlic salt and paprika.
- Sprinkle panko mixture evenly over the chicken, then place baking dish in oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Optional: place chicken under broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until panko coating is golden brown.
- Remove baking dish from oven and serve everything together.
Recipe adapted from Hezzi D’s Books And Cooks