It’s always nice to have protein options for dinner that you don’t have to stand over a hot stove or grill to poke at or tend. After a quick sear, these pork chops hang out in the oven for about a half an hour, which gives you enough time to make a nice salad or fold a couple loads of laundry or even take a tiny nap on the couch. (Because we’re sure you have time for that…)
If you have an automatic meat thermometer, it’ll beep and let you know when they’ve come up to temp, so you don’t even have to worry about checking to see if they’re done. That makes life easy. If you don’t have one, 4 pork chops will take about 35 minutes to reach 145°F, but you might want to give ’em a poke around the half hour mark.
The sweet little sauce that these cook in is so delicious. We like to use spicy mustard because we appreciate a little kick every now and then. The sweetness from the honey helps temper any spice, so it’s really not overpowering at all. That being said if spice isn’t your thing, Dijon mustard would be a great substitute. (You probably don’t want to use regular ol’ yellow mustard here).
It’s a sweet, savory, and tangy sauce that you probably already have all the ingredients on hand for. It goes well with chicken too – or pork tenderloin – but we just love it on these juicy pork chops. A little side of potatoes and some steamed veg, and that’s dinner. Simple and tasty as can be!
Honey Mustard Pork Chops
Serves 4; 45 minutes
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and a bit of salt and pepper until well combined.
- Dry the pork chops with a paper towel and season each side liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, sear the pork chops two at a time until nicely browned, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Place seared pork chops in baking dish and cover with the honey-mustard sauce. Bake until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F and sauce is bubbly, about 35 minutes. Enjoy!