We love cookies! And with the holidays just around the corner, it’s time to think about a little baking. And baking these cookies couldn’t be easier – let your mixer and oven do all of the heavy-lifting! Pecan sandies are made with staple pantry ingredients, just add pecans to your next grocery shopping list and you’ll have all that you need to whip up this sweet treat.
We love how crisp and buttery these cookies are, especially with chunks of chopped pecans scattered throughout. For a little flare, we like to top each cookie with a whole pecan to make this homemade treat look extra special. Pecan sandies are a great addition to any cookie exchange or holiday party. But really, these pecan sandies are delicious at anytime of year! Give this recipe a try…we’re sure it’ll be a go-to cookie in your recipe files.
Homemade Pecan Sandies
Serves 2-3 dozen; 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups pecans- 1 cup chopped, 1 cup reserved whole for optional decoration
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line 1-2 baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat together sugar, egg, butter, and vanilla until creamy, 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- With mixer set to low, slowly add dry ingredients until just combined, then fold chopped pecans into batter.
- Scoop out dough, roll into 1-inch sized balls, and place on lined baking sheet. Optional: top each cookie with a pecan.
- Place baking sheet(s) in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of cookie are just golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire wrack. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Redefined Mom