Ditch the jar, and get cooking with this easy to follow recipe!
Up your pasta game with this marinara meat sauce made from scratch. Ditch the jar, and get cooking with this easy to follow recipe! The secret to mouthwatering marinara is patience. Cook it low, and slow. That’s how all of the flavors develop and simmer.
Classic tomato puree is joined by garlic, oregano, and fresh basil in the spotlight. These rich flavors combine with juicy, fresh ground beef, and just a hint of sweetness for what is sure to be an instant hit with the entire family. Never go back to the store bought stuff after experiencing homemade marinara!
Homemade Marinara and Meat Sauce
Serves 6-8 2hr 15min
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 6 oz. water
- 1 24 oz. jar tomato puree
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large stockpot, and saute garlic 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef to the stockpot and cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, tomato puree, sugar, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and basil. Mix well. Fill the 6 oz. tomato paste cane with water and add to the pot.
- Simmer for at least 2 hours, occasionally stirring. Serve hot!
Recipe adapted from Table For Two.