You can’t go wrong with chocolate, coconut, and pecans, layered on a graham cracker crust!
These ooey gooey bars of sweetness go by many names – hello dolly bars, seven layer bars, and magic bars, to name a few. No matter what you call them, one thing’s for sure; you can’t go wrong with chocolate, coconut, and pecans, layered on a graham cracker crust. These classic dessert bars are sure to be a hit at your next get together! Read on to get our tried and true recipe.
Hello Dolly Bars
Serves 12 bars
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut flake
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well combined, and press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle on a layer of chocolate chips over the crust, (save a few for the last step) followed by a layer of pecans, and finally a layer of coconut. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes, and top with more chocolate chips. To cut easily, set pan in the fridge for about an hour. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Serious Eats.