We already know that smoothies are a delicious, frosty treat during the warmer months, but we also love using frozen fruit to fix ourselves a tropical treat when we’re a long way away from summertime (or from that island vacation we’ve been longing to take)!
Using frozen fruit gives the smoothie thickness and creaminess, and bonus– you don’t have to worry about the flavor getting watered down. As a nice way to top off our blended drinks, we decided to add pomegranate seeds which means added nutrients and a nice little crunch with each sip. A tasty, easy snack always sounds good to us– we’re sure you’ll love this one, too!
Tropical Smoothie Blast
- 1 cup non-fat, plain, Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cubed mango, frozen (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, frozen (no sugar added)
- 4-5 strawberries, plus extra for garnish
- 1 banana, sliced
- pomegranate seeds, garnish
- 3 tablespoons vanilla almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Combine mango and pineapple chunks in blender and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Pour yogurt in and add banana slices, and blend for another 10 seconds. Then add in strawberries.
- Depending on thickness, add vanilla almond milk (or any milk of your choice), one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour smoothie into chilled glass(es) and garnish with more strawberries and pomegranate seeds for a little something extra.