It’s never too late to start incorporating some healthy foods into our regularly scheduled meal programming. Replacing one meal with a bowlful of superfoods can be a great way to achieve some of our resolutions, be they made in January or July. We’ve discovered a recipe for a superfood salad that has truly knocked our socks off. It’s a combination of flavorful proteins, like edamame and quinoa, and it’s topped with the most amazingly creamy Green Goddess dressing.
If you’ve never had a Green Goddess dressing before, then you’re truly in for something extraordinary. It’s the jewel in the crown of this amazing superfood bowl that will have you begging for more. The bowl of grains and beans is easy to prepare and is perfect for any meal prep plan. And the Green Goddess dressing can also be made ahead, so you can quickly grab a generous scoop or two for this salad. Good food that we can make ahead and eat over several days is an excellent way to make sure we make healthy meal choices throughout the week.
You’d be surprised at how a bowl of this amazing Green Goddess superfood salad leaves you feeling so satisfied. The grains offer sustainable energy as well as protein, which of course you’re also getting from the edamame as well. This bright and colorful dish is full of great flavor and so much good stuff that you don’t really feel like you’re eating healthy. Treat yourself with a superfood meal that is fit for a goddess!
Green Goddess Superfood Salad
Serves 4-6; 30 minutes
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup farro, cooked
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- Green Goddess dressing:
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup green onion
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- Prepare Green Goddess dressing by blending all of the ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine farro and quinoa. Add chopped green onions.
- Whisk sesame oil, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper together and pour over prepared grains.
- Add edamame and corn to bowl and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- To serve, top with a spoonful or more of the Green Goddess dressing.
Recipe adapted from Subee's Kitchen.