There’s nothing like fresh brownies right out of the oven. If you also love a good blondie bar then this recipe is for you. These gold rush brownies are like the best of both worlds- a blondie batter filled with ooey gooey chocolate chips. And, the best part is that this recipe only calls for 4 ingredients.
You start with 2 cups crushed graham crackers, crushed. This should be just under half a 14-ounce box of graham crackers, so this is a great way to use up that partial box at the back of the cupboard.
First you combine the dry ingredients and then add the condensed milk and combine. Because the milk and the crackers are both sweet, you don’t even have to add any sugar.
Once everything is mixed together pour the batter into an 8×8 baking dish and bake for 30-34 minutes or until top begins to just barely brown.
After letting these brownies cool for a bit you can turn them out onto a cooling rack or simply cut them in the pan like regular brownies.
The recipe is simple, but you’ll be surprised at how delicious these blondie brownies really are! This is a vintage recipe first made popular by condensed milk brands in the late 1950s. This treat will be nostalgic for some, but make no mistake- these gold rush brownies are delicious for people of any generation.
Gold Rush Brownies
/ serves 8-10
- 2 cups firmly packed crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 6-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Grease an 8x8 baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- Mix together graham crackers, nuts, and chocolate chips. Add in condensed milk and combine well.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake for 30-34 minutes or top becomes golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before turning out on a cutting board. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Copy Me That.