Who’s ready for fall? When the days get cooler and the leaves start to turn, it’s nice to have some culinary options to embrace the changing weather. This recipe is perfect for those days! As a general note: this pumpkin loaf is equally as good without any pecans or when using only cinnamon and nutmeg, so if that’s all that’s in the pantry, it’s fine—your house will still smell amazing!
Ginger Pecan Pumpkin Loaf
(Makes two, 9×5 loaves)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to350°F and butter two, 9x5in loaf pans
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda,and all spices (ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves) together.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin purée, pecans, melted butter, sugars, molasses, eggs and water together until blended.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
5. Divide the batter between the two loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes and run knife along edge of pan to loosen loaf
Recipe adapted fromSimply Recipes