For the longest time, I was intimidated by cooking fish. It seemed easy to overcook and my attempts always came out bland. That was until I stumbled across this recipe for garlic parmesan cod! It’s as easy as mixing together a few kitchen staples (that I bet you have on hand!) and popping the dish in the oven. Forget a 30 minute meal… this one can be ready in 20. If you’ve yet to dip a toe in the world of cooking seafood, let this recipe be your jumping off point!
With a deliciously thick layer of mayo and spices slathered on each filet, the flavor here is anything but bland. If you’re a garlic lover then feel free to bump up the number of cloves (can you ever have enough garlic??). Freshly grated parmesan will give you the best results, but sometimes you just have to go with what’s on hand.
While getting the family to eat fish has been an issue in the past, I haven’t had any complaints about cod! Cod has a pretty mild flavor and doesn’t have that “fishy fish” taste to it. Especially when it’s loaded with cheese and garlic. If you’re ready to move on from fish sticks and get to the good stuff, give this recipe a try. I think your family will love it as much as mine does!
Garlic Parmesan Baked Cod
5m prep time
13m cook time
- 1.5 lbs cod filet
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut filets into desired portion size and arrange on the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo, parmesan, parsley, garlic, and salt & pepper. Stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto the top of the filets and spread into a thin layer.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until flaky. Broil for an additional 1 minute if desired.