There’s nothing quite like the first bite of a rich, creamy, decadent French silk pie, am I right? The dense chocolate filling practically melts in your mouth, and when joined with light and airy whipped cream? Oh lordy, it’s all I can do not to eat the whole pie!
What if I told you there’s a way to make French silk pie even better? Impossible, right? How about if we combine this spectacular dessert with another classic dessert – brownies!
This recipe is made easy by using boxed brownie mix, but don’t let that fool you into thinking this is a boring recipe. Far from it. While the brownies are cooling, you’ll make the French silk topping. Make sure not to eat all of it straight out of the bowl, however tempting it may be.
This rich French silk frosting has dark chocolate, butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped cream. Top with more whipped cream and some chocolate shavings, and you’ll have a dessert that will impress friends and family! That is if you’re willing to share.
I mean, just look at this beautiful brownie. If you have a sweet tooth or a sudden chocolate craving, this is definitely the dessert for you. This is just one way to spruce up box brownies. Want more ideas? Check out this article on 10 East Ways To Improve Box Brownies!
French Silk Pie Brownies
Makes 16 brownies 10 minutes active, 3 hours and 45 minutes inactive
- 1 box fudge brownie mix + ingredients on back of box (2 eggs, 2/3 cup veggie oil, 1/4 cup water)
- 4oz German chocolate bar, finely chopped + extra for garnish
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 16oz tub of Cool Whip (thawed out if frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare brownie mix according to the box, using a 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes then remove from oven and let cool completely.
- For the French silk frosting, microwave the chocolate and butter together in 30-second increments until smooth.
- Using a hand mixer, beat in cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Spread the frosting in a thick layer over the brownies and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until the French silk topping is set.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and more chocolate shavings.
Recipe adapted from: The Chunky Chef.