I don’t know about you, but I’m a huge fan of breakfast food, especially when it comes in casserole form. This dish has all the things I love about breakfast – eggs, cheese, carbs of some kind, and a mouthwatering blend of spices.
One bite and you’ll be hooked! This breakfast bake is packed with flavor. Cumin, chili powder, cayenne, garlic…yum! Top it all off with sour cream, salsa, and your favorite garnishes, and you’ll have a feast ready to serve the masses.
Not only is this casserole incredibly delicious, but it’s also super easy to throw together last minute. Thanks to a few shortcuts, like using refrigerated biscuits and frozen veggies, this is one hearty breakfast you won’t have to get up extra early to make.
Start by dividing the refrigerated biscuits into quarters, and arranging them evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish. The recipe calls for cornbread biscuits, but those can be hard to find in a can. Regular buttermilk biscuits work just as well!
Pour the frozen veggies on top of the biscuits, followed by not one, but two kinds of cheese. Then, combine eggs, milk, and spices in a separate bowl and pour the mixture over everything. Top things off with a layer of salsa, and then throw this bad boy in the oven for 35 minutes.
My family loved topping this casserole with cilantro, sour cream, and more salsa. Feel free to try out different toppings! This is one breakfast bake that’s sure to please a crowd. Check out the recipe below!
Fiesta Breakfast Bake
The breakfast casserole to end all breakfast casseroles!
Makes 8-10 servings; 15 minutes to prepare, 35 minutes cook time
- 1 can refrigerated corn biscuits
- 3 cups (14 oz) frozen mixed veggies
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Directions: Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and arrange evenly in the baking dish. Layer frozen vegetables and shredded cheeses on top of the biscuits and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and seasonings. Pour mixture over the biscuits and top with salsa.
- Bake, uncovered for 35-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top with cilantro, salsa, sour cream, or other favorite toppings.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.