No one at the dinner table has to know just how simple this dinner is to make!
When it comes to recreating some of your favorite take-out menu items, there are can be so many spices involved that it can sometimes seem daunting- like a “special” dinner that takes a lot of concentration. But, it doesn’t have to be this way. In fact, many of the seemingly-complicated dishes actually only rely of a few key ingredients. And, for this easy ground beef teriyaki those pre-made sauces at the grocery make it an even easier dish.
Instead of fussing with various cuts of beef, this dish uses ground beef which brings the fuss level down to almost zero. To start simply brown the beef along with some garlic and onion.
Then add in the spices, including fresh ginger and some teriyaki sauce. I used the “triple ginger” sauce for even more flavor. If you love ginger, you could also use regular teriyaki sauce and simply up the ginger levels. As per usual I love to use the fresh ginger paste for this dinner as it saves a lot of time.
The finishing touch is to add some freshly chopped green onion and some sesame seeds on top. Not only to do these add a lovely flavor, they also make the look of this recipe a lot more attractive.
The combination of garlic and ginger with the sweetness of teriyaki and the nutty flavor of sesame is truly one of the best flavors in Asian cooking. But, you need not order take-out to get this wonderful flavor at home. This is a quick and delicious dinner that you can make on a weeknight -even a busy one- in about 20 minutes!
Easy Ground Beef Teriyaki Beef
10m prep time
20m cook time
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger or paste
- 3/4 cup thick teriyaki sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Prepare rice to package directions. While rice is cooking heat sesame oil in skillet on medium heat. Add beef, onion, garlic, and ginger to pan. Cook until beef is browned, about 7-10 minutes, breaking up meat as it cooks and adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Add teriyaki sauce and stir well. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in green onions and sesame seeds. Serve beef over rice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Seasoned Mom.