Easy Dinner Recipe: 5-Ingredient Maple Mustard Chicken
More doesn’t necessarily mean better, and that’s what we’re reminding of when we make this easy and simple meals that don’t require the entire pantry and the kitchen sink to make! These drumsticks (or whatever chicken pieces you prefer) are super flavorful and juicy, so we understand it’s hard to believe we made them with only 5 ingredients, but it’s the truth!
Whether you plan on making them for your family or for guests, they never disappoint and you’ll be dreaming of their yummy-ness for days to come. One quick trip to the pantry or grocery store and you’re in businessjust make sure people know that you still get credit for how good this is, even though it didn’t take hours and hours to put together!
Maple Mustard Chicken
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mustard seeds or 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Season all drumsticks liberally with salt and pepper and place in a large, re-sealable bag.
- In a bowl, whisk together maple syrup, mustard seeds and tapioca. Pour dressing into re-sealable bag with chicken and seal completely.
- Gently move bag around to make sure dressing completely coats all drumsticks.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Transfer chicken to a large baking dish and pour remaining dressing over the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, turning over in the middle, or until chicken is cooked through, yet still tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Taste Of Home