Easy Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Chip-Studded Zucchini Bread
This is such an easy dessert bread to make it’s insane and we get not one, but two treats! It might just be us, but we feel really accomplished when we whip up this recipe it might be knowing what we have to look forward to that gets us going, or the fact that, regardless of whatever else happened in the day, we still made something delicious either way, it’s great.
We love mixing things up a little and surprising our eaters with the zucchini and chocolate chip combo, but you could basically throw anything into this bread and it would taste amazing: apples, pumpkin, banana and chocolate chips it’s impossible to go wrong!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Yields 2 loaves
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease two loaf pans. (Or line with parchment paper.)
- In a bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sour cream, oil, sugar and vanilla extract for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Batter will be thick.
- 1/3 cup at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Gently fold the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips into the batter. Mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter equally into both loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing to wire cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Eating Well