I’m not a big martini person, but if I’m having one, it’s definitely dirty. It’s all about that salty, briney-ness! And while you might not automatically think it, that classic cocktail translates incredibly well to a creamy party dip. It just makes sense — creaminess goes beautifully with olives, as does the bite of blue cheese. It’s perfect for dipping!
This is so simple to make — no baking, very little chopping, just a little stirring. Start with softened cream cheese and mix it with some mayo until it’s nice and smooth and then stir in some chopped olives, a little bit of olive juice (that’s what makes it “dirty”), some blue cheese, garlic powder, and a touch of black pepper.
Like it dirtier? Stir in some more olive juice. Not a blue cheese fan? Leave it out, or sub it for something more mild. It’s a versatile dip and so easy to make but still with some nice unique cocktail flair.
Dirty Martini Dip
10m prep time
- 3/4 cup pimento stuffed olives
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 tablespoons reserved olive juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Drain olives but reserve some juice and set aside. Chop 3/4 cup of the olives roughly.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and mayonnaise and beat or whisk until smooth.
- Add chopped olives, blue cheese, 1 tablespoon of the olive juice, garlic powder, and black pepper, and stir to combine. Taste and add remaining tablespoon of olive juice if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling.