Today we’re sharing a fantastic recipe for grilled halibut steaks with a delicious sauce. to make this recipe, we very lightly seasoned the halibut steak itself with salt, pepper, and a little onion.We simply cooked the halibut right on the grill, then served the sauce on the side so guests could decide how much they wanted on the halibut for themselves. Keep reading below for this delicious recipe…
Grilled Halibut with Mustard Sauce
(makes 4 servings)
- zest of 1 lime (about 2 teaspoons)
- juice of 2 limes (about 4 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives or green onion
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 1″-thick halibut steaks (about 3/4lb each)
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/2″ thick rings
- Whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, Dijon mustard, extra-virgin olive oil, tarragon, chives, salt, and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Rub both sides of the halibut with the red onion, then season with salt and pepper. Oil the grill rack. Grill the halibut and onion, covered, for 4-6 minutes on each side or until the fish is nice and flaky and the onion is tender. Serve with sauce on the side.
Recipe adapted fromTaste of Home