If you love quiche and you love pizza then the combination of the two will have you wanting seconds. This lovely deep dish pizza quiche has no crust to make and is also incredibly easy to make your own. You can add any toppings you’d like to have on a pizza, from veggies to meats to cheeses that you like best.
Unlike a regular pizza which uses a wheat crust, the secret to this pizza is the layer of mozzarella on the bottom which crisps up as the quiche bakes. Then on top of that is the quiche layer which is extra creamy thanks to the addition of softened cream cheese to the eggs.
After baking these two layers, then comes the fun part of adding the pizza sauce, cheese topping, and the other other pizza fixins of your choice. For our pizza quiche we used half hamburger and half ground Italian sausage.
For that matter you an also play with the spice levels on this casserole quiche by adding red pepper flakes to the pizza sauce or fresh chopped basil right before the final bake.
After that the quiche pizza is baked again for another 10 minutes or so until the cheese on top is beginning to brown. And, that’s all there is to this yummy pizza quiche!
When it comes to having the best of both worlds, this pizza quiche hits the spot. Plus, this main course is great if you have been searching for an alternative to low carb or gluten free pizza ideas.
Deep Dish Pizza Quiche
serves 6-8 Prep 15m Cook 40m
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 pound crumbled Italian sausage, cooked
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚ and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Beat together eggs, cream cheese, milk, Parmesan, and spices. Fold in onions.
- Line bottom of baking pan with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Carefully pour quiche mixture over the cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce over quiche and top with remaining mozzarella, sausage, and pepperoni. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken.