Words can’t describe the decadent goodness of this simple pleasure.
Everyone loves chocolate cake, especially when it’s this fabulous. We put this mouthwatering loaf cake in our care packages and share it with our neighbors, and it’s one of our family’s favorite treats after dinner. Words can’t describe the decadent goodness of this simple pleasure…it’s beyond delicious!
Not too dense with just the right amount of moistness, this home-baked goody strikes a perfect balance between cake and chocolate. The secret to such incredible taste and texture is simple; we just let our cold ingredients reach room temperature before we mix everything together. This drool-worthy chocolate loaf cake is so easy to prepare, and the taste is absolutely irresistible.
Super Moist Chocolate Cake
Serves 10-12 slices 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened and divided
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in large mixing bowl for 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add sour cream and vanilla. Mix until well incorporated.
- Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda in separate bowl. Mix in half of dry mixture until just combined. Continue with remainder until all ingredients are moistened. Add hot coffee and beat on high 1 minute. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 50 to 60 minutes until center is done. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Recipe adapted from Chef Savvy