Not saying we reinvented the baked potato, but…..
Treat yourself to a whole new breakfast experience with these scrumptious stuffed breakfast potatoes. Filled with eggs and cheese, these baked potatoes get you going in the morning by transforming these humble ingredients into a new, all-in-one breakfast dish. Perfect for a brunch offering or a breakfast-for-dinner, weeknight meal for two, this recipe is one we keep in our meal rotation all the time. Prep the potatoes the night before, so there’s one less thing to worry about in the morning, then put it together, dig in and start your day right!
Stuffed Breakfast Potatoes
20 minutes active; 40 minutes inactive
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley or green onions, finely chopped, garnish
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Bake potatoes for 40 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Remove the top third section of the potato with a sharp knife. Use a spoon to hollow out as much of the potato as desired, leaving the skin intact.
- Drizzle each potato bowl with half of the butter.
- Stir the beaten eggs, bacon, scooped-out potato, and salt and pepper in a bowl until well-combined. Stuff each potato with the filling.
- Top each potato with the cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh parsley or green onions, if desired.
Recipe adapted from The Cooking Jar