Not sure what to make for dinner tonight? Running tight on time? These are obstacles we face on a daily basis, so we like to have a fully-stocked arsenal of recipes to turn to in order to save time (and our sanity!). This delicious slow cooker chicken pilaf is a complete meal that comes together all on its own. Full of nutritious vegetables, protein-packed chicken, and full of flavor, this meal can be thrown together before you leave for work and ready by the time you come home! It’s saved our bacon on many a busy day and we hope you love it as much as we do!
Spring Rice Pilaf
20min active, 4-6hr inactive to prepare serves 6-8
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain white or brown rice
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat olive oil or butter in a skillet. Sauté rice, garlic and onion until rice is lightly toasted. 6-8 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of broth to the rice and bring to a boil.
- Combine rice mixture with the rest of the broth, then pour all remaining ingredients into slow cooker, ensuring rice is covered by liquid.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until rice and chicken are cooked.
- Transfer rice to serving plates and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker