We love a good breakfast bake and it can be made in so many different ways. This is also a great recipe for cleaning out the veggie drawer in the refrigerator, so not only do we get a great meal, but we also avoid letting good food go to waste. This particular bake, like most really, is a breeze to make, and doesn’t require waking up at the crack of dawn to complete. We love how pretty this looks and of course how good it tastes!
Our bake gets a little extra help in the deliciousness category by adding cheeses, like feta and cheddar, which help to add creaminess and a little tang to each bite. One thing we love about breakfast foods is that they are really good at any time of day – breakfast for dinner is a big hit in our house. And if there’s any leftovers, they make for a great lunch or breakfast the next day.
Spinach Kale Egg Bake
50 minutes to prepare serves 6-8
- 8 large eggs
- 4 cups spinach and kale blend
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer spinach and kale along bottom of baking dish, spreading evenly. Sprinkle feta, cheddar, and scallions over top.
- Beat together eggs, garlic powder, milk, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Pour over top leafy greens and cheeses.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until center is set and top is slightly browned. Cool for about 5 minutes, then cut into squares to serve.
Recipe adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen