Italian food isn’t just about pasta, pizza and red sauce. Cauliflower represents a light, fresh alternative to pasta while maintaining the herbs and spices we love in traditional dishes. We found this tasty recipe for roasted cauliflower with cheese and parsley to be a great addition to our usual Italian favorites. And roasting brings out a natural sweetness to add a little more flavor, making this dish taste extra amazing. Lemon juice and zest add a great lightness to the cauliflower as well. The best part is that we have a healthy side dish in just 30 minutes. We decided that cauliflower is our new go-to vegetable. Try this once and you may never go back to bland, boring veggies again!
Roasted Italian Cauliflower
Serves 4-6; 30 minutes
- 2 pounds (1 large head) cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Peccorino Romano, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse florets and pat with a towel to dry. Toss cauliflower florets with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Spread florets on parchment-lined or nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven to toss cauliflower (this will allow for more even roasting). Return to oven to finish cooking, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately toss with parsley, lemon zest and Peccorino Romano cheese to serve.
Recipe adapted from Italian Food Forever