It’s such a delicious way to sneak in some extra veggies!
When we made this warm and hearty kielbasa chili for dinner last night, it was an instant hit with everyone at the table! Flavorful kielbasa slices pair with white beans in this satisfying twist on ordinary chili. The duo simmers in a zesty, tomato-based sauce alongside tender peas and carrots for a flavor combination that’s absolutely incredible.
It’s such a delicious way to get in some extra veggies! We really love the quick and simple preparation. Everything cooks in one pot, and it’s on the table in just 40 minutes. This kielbasa chili definitely earns a regular spot in our menu rotation!
Serves 4 to 6; 40 minutes
- 1 pound kielbasa, sliced to 1-inch thickness
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (15-ounce) cans navy or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Warm 1 tablespoon olive oil in large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook kielbasa and turn frequently until brown on both sides. Transfer cooked sausages to paper-towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add carrots and onion to remaining oil, adding more oil if needed. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes until softened.
- Stir in beans, diced tomatoes, tomato soup and tomato paste. Return cooked kielbasa to pot. Season with garlic powder, optional chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, 15 minutes.
- Add frozen peas. Cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes until peas are heated through. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Genius Kitchen