No matter which way you make it, this salad is always good.
We love nothing more than creating a meal for our family that’s easy to make and delicious to eat, and pasta salad is one of those go-to recipes that achieves both. The combination of vegetables and pasta adds the perfect combination of healthy and yum, a win for both adults and kids. Plus, it’s versatile: we like to throw it together for a picnic on-the-run, use it as a delicious side for some freshly grilled fish and a fruit salad, or munch on it the next day as scrumptious lunch leftovers. Better yet, we can substitute the veggies for whatever we have on hand (like diced tomatoes), and let our imagination be our guide. Pasta salad is just one of those dishes that can be whipped up in a jiffy and everyone loves it. With better weather on the horizon, we’re pretty sure this recipe will be a frequent “guest” at our table!
Veggie-Packed Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces shell noodles
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- to taste salt
- Fill large pot with salted water, and bring to a boil. Add pasta, and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse pasta.
- While pasta cools, toss bell pepper, cucumber, celery, red onion, olives and feta in bowl. Mix in cooled pasta.
- In separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix vinaigrette in to salad, and serve.
Recipe adapted from Delish